Makeport makerspace is a learning / making / creative community, led by local volunteers based in the Portarlington Enterprise Centre. Similar to the CoderDojo, it is focused on creating a respectful learning environment, where people can come to share or learn and make use of the resources available in the space. As we want to make the resource sustainable into the future, some small charges are applied in order to use the equipment. This all goes back into maintaining machines, paying rent and replacing the consumables, and is not used for profit. If you are interested in joining the community, please get in touch. All of our information can be found on our Contact Page, or from our Social Links at the top of the page.
Our EquipmentPrevious Next We have a selection of equipment, such as a Laser Cutter/Etcher, a number of 3D printers, CNC Router and Sewing machines. The following is some of the equipment we currently use:
- Muse Laser from Full Spectrum – https://fslaser.com/Muse
- Ultimaker 2+ – https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-2-plus
- da Vinci Pro 3+1 with scanning and engraving attachments – https://www.xyzprinting.com/en-US/product/da-vinci-1-0-pro-3-in-1
- There is also our CNC Router by OX http://ooznest.co.uk/3D-Printer-CNC-Kits-Bundles/OX-CNC-Machine/OX-CNC-Full-Kit
- Lego Mindstorm Kits
- Lots of Electronics – including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Flotilla
- Sewing Machines
- Sound Engineering Equipment.